Monday, March 21, 2011

Contest on Minialbumscraps.ning.com!



I know, I know its been a long time since I posted!! I am just a slacker when it comes to this blogger thing!  i love to read everyones elses craft blog but my own, blah!  this challenge is going to be the 1st of two things for me.  One, this is the first contest I have EVER entered, yes ever! and this is going to be me jump off point to get into my blog!  i am going to REALLY get serious about it now!  I want everyone to see what I am up to in my little crafting corner of the world and I am gonna just do it!  So now that I have gotten that out of my system on to my project.
I had a few wonderful ladies actually find me on youtube.  After they had subbed to my channel I went over to their channels to check them out and to give them a thanks.  Well while I was there on there channel I saw this really cool ning site that they have and an awesome contest going on to be a guest designer!  Anyone that knows me and my work is probably saying mini albums well this is right up her alley... So I decided to do my best at winning this spot!  The video said to create a 6x6 wall hanging any style any colors anything goes. I have been very under the weather and almost passed up doing it but I just had to at least try.  This is my 6x6 acrylic scalloped square wall hanging, that is actually made from a  premade mini album page. I backed the acrylic piece with some designer paper that I had inked from My Minds Eye.  I fussy cut the bird and birdcage out of another sheet of paper from the same collection.  I used some pieces of Foam to raise the bird and bircage up and attached to the acrylic.  I used a favorite pic of my husbands of our baby girl, CaleighAnn, framing her in a sizzix die cut out of script paper from the collection and corrugated cardboard to give it some chunkiness.  I attached the frame under the bird and birdcage.  Then I used some prima flowers and some recollections roses.  Added some recollections and Prima bling, marshmallow Glimmer Mist, some ribbon from my stash to hang and I think it looks pretty darn good LOL! Let me know what you think!!  I hope I win wish me luck!

3 comments: